1. Students will be put into groups of 4.
2. As a team, assign jobs to each member. The jobs include Food expert, Clothing expert, History expert and Lifestyle expert
3. Each team member will print a copy of the Venn diagram to use during the research. The Venn diagram is found farther down on this page.
4. Research your topic using the online resources below. Fill out the Venn diagram as you go. Some of the resources are in Spanish, so have a dictionary or online translator handy for the words you don't understand.
5. When all team members have finished their research, as a team, discuss what each team member learned about their topic.
6. As a group, create a Google presentation (or Power Point). This presentation should compare and contrast the Gaucho with the Cowboy as well as be appropriate for 2nd graders. Remember the age of your audience when completing this.
Student 1 - Food Expert. Your job is to research the kinds of foods that Gauchos and Cowboys ate. How are they simular and different?
Student 2 - Clothing Expert. Your job is to research the types of clothing worn by Gauchos and Cowboys. How is their clothing simular or different?
Student 3 - History Expert. Your job is to research the history of the Gaucho and the Cowboy. How did these icons originate? What were their jobs in the beginning. How is their history simular or different?
Student 4 - Lifestyle Expert. Your job is to research the lifestyles of the Gaucho and the Cowboy. How did they pass their time? How did they live? How is it simular or different?