This lesson is a continuation of a story map lesson, which you will find in Attachment 1. I used story map 2 from http://www.eduplace.com/graphicorganizer/.
1. You will keep your groups from yesterday.
2. Each group will design a poster of the culture displayed in the book that group was assigned.
3. After recieving your role assignment and responsiblities (Attachment 2), each person must fufill your responsiblities and give to the director to proof.
THE KEEPIN QUILT THE PROMISE QUILT SWEET CLARA BEN JOHNSON
Russin Immigrants Greneral Lee Slavery The history of Quilts
Jews General Grant Underground railroad Quilt patterns
4. Once all information is complete, the artist and director will discuss how the information is to be displayed.
5. After all posters are completed each group will present their poster. Each member of the group needs to explain their role.
6. After all posters are presented each student will complete a Venn Diagram by comparing and contrasting two of the cultures in the books we have discussed. http://www.eduplace.com/graphicorganizer/
7. Then each student will design a quilt square, 8x8 square of cloth, each square will be tied togeter with ribbion, and display the students name, that will be part of our classroom quilt which we will display in our room.
Links that can be used in your research:
The History of Quilts:
Patterns oF Quilts