Read ALL directions carefully BEFORE your begin your WebQuest challenge!
Follow These Steps:
1. Group Member 1: Visit this audio clip to research about the American Cinderella story. Look for key words or pictures to help you understand the parts of the American Cinderella.
2. Group Member 2: Visit this website to research about the Mexican Cinderella story. When finished, browse this website to highlight key parts. Look for key words or pictures to help you understand the parts of the Mexican Cinderella.
3. Group Member 3: Visit this video on Teacher Tube to research about the Chinese Cinderella story. This is PART 1. Visit this video on Teacher Tube to research about the Chinese Cinderella story- PART 2. Look for key words or pictures to help you understand the parts of the Spanish American Cinderella.
4. Group Member 4: Visit this website to research about the Egyptian Cinderella story. Visit this PowerPoint presentation about The Egyptian Cinderella vs. American Cinderella. Look for key words or pictures to help you understand the parts of the Egyptian Cinderella story.
5. Group Members 1-4: Visit this website to identify which areas the four Cinderella stories originated from. Note that you do not have to label ALL areas of the map, JUST the FOUR areas that the Cinderella stories originated from (AMERICAN CINDERELLA- North America; EGYPTIAN CINDERELLA- Africa; CHINESE CINDERELLA- Asia; MEXICAN CINDERELLA- Lower North America). I will have this map on the board. I will have ALL continents already labeled. Your job is to: 1. Visit the above link. 2. Print a copy of the map. 3. Draw a bullet AND label on which continent that each of the four stories originated from.
6. Group Members 1-4: Have a group discussion to answer the following questions verbally: What are the characters, setting, and plot of the American Cinderella, Mexican Cinderella, Egyptian Cinderella, and Chinese Cinderella? Where are they located on a map (far apart, close, etc.)? What do these 4 stories have in common? What do these four stories contain that makes them different from the rest? Which is your favorite?
7. Group Members 1-4: Choose 2 Cinderella stories to compare and contrast in a Venn diagram. Use this website to construct and print your very own Venn diagram comparison of 2 Cinderella Stories.
8. Group Members 1-4: Answer the class poll- Which Cinderella story should we use for our 2nd grade play? Your group must come to ONE agreement!
9. Hand in your Venn diagram.
10. Share your group poll with the teacher.
11. Log off the computer and clean up all supplies.
Ready? Set.... GO!