1. Watch the video link attached at the bottom of this screen.
2. Then, try this interactive texting and driving simulation. When you are done, use the snipping tool and save your score as an image. Then print out your score (image) in landscape orientation.
Distracted driving has become a trend with deadly, real consequences. For anyone who thinks they can talk on their phone, text, apply make-up, or do any other distracting activity while driving, it's time for a crash course in reality from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA):
According to Teen Safe Driver Program:
- Per mile driven, teen drivers aged 16 to 19 are three times more likely than drivers aged 20 and older to be in a fatal crash.
- In 2010, 22 percent of drivers aged 15 to 20 involved in fatal motor vehicle crashes were drinking.
- In 2011, only 54 percent of high school students reported they always wear seat belts when riding with someone else.