First, read the article(s) and follow the directions.
Article is: http://www.forbes.com/2010/03/22/moran-librarian-skills-intelligent-investing-google_2.html
After you have read the article all the way through follow the instructions. If you know of a shortcut that will give the result without going through all the steps, then go ahead and use it.
- copy & paste the entire article, but not the adverts, onto a word processing document.
- copy & paste the Title of the article, the Author of the article, the Copyright date of the article.
- on the Word doc, go back and highlight any words you found difficult to understand.
- Comment about one section or sentence that you found interesting - use the comment button - comment will show up to the side. (8th graders will use this in ELA classes)
- with your small group point out the sentences you each have chosen. Follow the protocol of letting each person speak without any comment until all have had a chance to speak. Then discuss.