Use the websites below to answer these questions. Be sure to write the answers to the questions in your own words. You will not receive any credit for answers that are copied directly from a website. A clear understandable answer written in complete sentences is required.
Subtraction and theRest of the Integers
Online Etymology Dictionary
Negative Numbers atMathPages
Properties of RealNumbers: Negative Numbers
History of NegativeNumbers
Math is Good for You
Questions to be researched:
1. In what century were negative integers finally accepted?
2. Which cultureswere the first to use negative integers and what contributions did they make?
3. When was the word integer introduced?
4. What does the word integer mean in Latin?
5. What is the symbol for integers, where does it come from and what does it mean?
The Public URL for this WebQuest:
WebQuest Hits: 100,293
Save WebQuest as PDF