A hyperbole is an extreme exaggeration. These statements are not literally true, but people make them to sound impressive or to emphasize something.
Examples: I nearly died laughing. I tried a thousand times.
Open your figurative language journal:
- Date it, and title the page HYPERBOLE.
- Write down the definition and three examples you make up or find on your own.
- Choose one of them to illustrate.
1. Click on the link below and watch the video.
2. Design three slides in your journal that could be added to the video. Make sure to design them as they were in the video.