The first thing we are going to do today is play the Alliteration Game.
Open your figurative language journal:
You remember alliteration, right? Well, assonance is very similar to alliteration. Assonance is the repetition of vowel sounds in the middle of words.
It beats... as it sweeps... as it cleans! (Hoover vaccuum slogan) The "ee" sound is repeated.
The silken sad uncertain rustling of each purple curtain.... Edgar Allen Poe
- Date it, and title the page ASSONANCE.
- Write down the definition and three examples you make up or find on your own.
- Choose one of them to illustrate.
1. Click on the link below and look and listen (with headphones) at the assonance examples.
2. Click on the PowerPoint link and view the presentation. Write down new information you learn about
assonance in your Journal.
3. Take the Assonance or Alliteration Quiz and write your score in your journal.