1. Your teacher will put you into a team of 5 people. Each member has strengths and weaknesses. Get to know each other and how each of you can help the group.
2. Each of you will be responsible for doing research. In addition, each of you will have a special job: Researcher, Recorder, Presenter, Editor.
3. Remember the anchor and driving question? In this scenario you are nearsighted, and you have three choices to correct your vision. You can either wear glasses, contact lenses, or under go laser eye surgery. Using the internet, look into these possibilities, discuss them with your group and answer them together on the worksheet provided below.
(A) What are concave lens (normal glasses),contact lens, and laser surgery?
(B) What is the cost of each choice?
(C) What are the advantages and disadvantages of each choice?
(D) How long does each type last?
Use these links to help you in answering the driving question
1. What are glasses?
1. What are contact lenses?
2. What are the cost of contact lenses?
3. What are the benefits and risks of contact lens?
4. Eye care and vision problems. How do bifocal soft contact lenses work?
Laser Eye Surgery
1. What is laser eye surgery?
2. What is the cost of laser eye surgery?
3. What are the benefits and risks of laser eye surgery?
4. Is laser eye surgery right for me?