Labor issues directions
These are questions that must be answered by the end of your two research days.
1. What are factories like?
2. What kind of work do the workers do?
3. What kind of life do the workers have?
4. What are the working conditions like for the factory workers?
5. How are working conditions different for children?
6. How are workers paid?
7. Give examples of two inventions that affected life in London.
8. What positive effects have industrialization had on the people of London?
9. What negative effects have industrialization had on the people of London?
A trip to the past
1833 Factory Act