After you research your stocks, you will begin trading.
To help you understand the stock market a little easier, we will be using MarketWatch.com. a game.
- You can actually do research within MarketWatch, however, you should have already completed your Research worksheet. Remember, by buying stock in a bunch of different sectors or industries, you are diversifying your portfolio and that is exactly what you want.
- You will be given $10,000 of fake money to trade on the market.
- Go to Market Watch and create a username and password.
- Now, for Period 1, go to MarketWatch.com/game/pfp1f19. For Period 2, go to MarketWatch.com/game/pfp2f19.
- Select the Join button and type in the password: Raiders.
- You now can begin trading and your instructor will demonstrate how.
- You will have your portfolio for one year if you choose to do so.
- During the rest of the semester, it is up to you to check on your stocks, trade if you want, and see how your portfolio grows.
- YOU MUST INVEST IN AT LEAST 5 STOCKS AND 1 MUTUAL FUND BY FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 1ST.
- Apply What You Learned You are ready to apply what you have learned. After you sign up on MarketWatch, you will take the "Time to Invest Worksheet" and invest in a minimum of 5 stocks and 1 mutual fund. Before you begin trading remember to do the math: Share Price * Number of Shares=Dollar Value Spent on that Stock
11. Check the evaluation page for all the items you need to gather for this webquest throughout the quarter.