The typical costumes of the Hispanic countries are a very important component of their culture. The same way as the typical food, the music, the folk art, the literature and many others customary practices, the traditional costumes are part of the controvertial term that we all know as "national identity".
By working on this project the student will have the opportunity to develop all four of the macro-skills of the Spanish language: listening, speaking, reading and writing, with concentration specifically on the oral and writing components.
The objectives of this project are to make students:
- communicate information, ideas and opinions about the traditional costumes of the Hispanic countries;
- demonstrate comprehension of the cultural meaning expressed in clothes, colors and designs of the Hispanic countries typical costumes;
- use appropriately the learned structures and vocabulary from Lesson 6 "De compras";
- enable the student to understand the nature of the Spanish language and the process of total language learning,which comprises the integration of linguistic, cultural and social components;
- enable the student to develop an appreciation of a variety of non-literary texts such as the representations and symbolism behind of the traditional Hispanic costumes;
- offer insight into the cultural characteristics of the Hispanic communities;
- encourage an awareness and understanding of the perspectives of people from other cultures;
- provide access to varied sources of information, such as internet with the integration of the technology as a tool for the investigation;
- foster curiosity, a lifelong interest and enjoyment of the Hispanic world.