This Learning Unit is developed under the European Erasmus+ project "GreenSkills4VET" and aims to support the importance of respecting Sustainable Development issues in the Health Care Assistants' work. It is like Introductory module and consists information of the basic structure and organisation of the Health Care services and the role (s) of the HC Assistant. The unit could be used in Vocational Education and Training of Health Care Assistants , as well as for self learning of the trainees and students. It gives a different perspective how to be successful HC assistant , taking care both for patients and for the environment and society sustainable development.
This Unit covers the following knowledge, skills and competences of the HC Assistant:
• Recognize various types of Health Care institutions and their area of work, structure and functioning according to Sustainable Development aims and objectives
• Knows the most important/ basic internal and external regulations of the Health Care institution/organization, connected to SD
• Recognize the timetable and work schedule examples aiming to assure economic and environmental efficiency of job performance
• Recognize and communicate basic hygienic rules, rules of movement and action and rules for nutrition, waste management etc.
• Recognize different methods for sanitary treatment to assure Healthy environment both for patients and working staff
• Applies main hygienic and waste management norms
• Implement and observe strictly the Health and Safety rules
• Implements consciously norms, criteria and standards of the Health Care work with respect to economic, social and environmental balance
Specific Learning Objective of this unit for trainees is:
• to obtain knowledge on the rights and obligations of the Health Assistant in the Labour processes, knowledge on structure and organisation of the Health Care work and sustainable development aspects of the job performance