This week you will be taking a trip through time. You will be discussing Racism, Racial Discrimination, and Segregation. You will learn about ethnic and racial relationships as well as the treatment of minority groups in history. As a member of this quest it is up to you to get through this mission.
- You will explore the ground breaking events that took place in the 1960s.
- You will explore the terminology that was used in that time period.
- You will need to brush up on your acting skills because to get to the next mission you will need to role play what it was like to live in that time period, to gain an understanding.
- Then, you will complete a series of reading passages by author Emily Mahoney in the book, "American Civil Rights Movement".
- Once you have completed those previous levels, you are in for a treat, you will be on your final step towards you mission and that is watching a movie based on a man that had a dream.
Get ready, because you will be diving back in time to discover how this applies to your life today.
Do you see discrimination today? If so, what can you do to change it?