Guidelines for writing lab reports:-
- The Lab report must be a group report. Each group must submit one report and should have all the names of the participants included.
- The group report will be graded based on the rubric below.
- No late reports will be accepted, late reports will be accepted only with a valid excuse but with grade reduction penalty.
- Reports will be graded on the correct interpretation of the results rather than "right" results.
- Please follow the scientific method while performing the experiments and analyzing the results. Detailed steps can be found in the website, the link of which is attached https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science-fair-projects/science-fair/steps-of-the-scientific-method
- The lab report is expected to be a collaborative effort of all members of the group, failure to comply with this will result in penalty in grades.
- Students must be cautious and responsible with the equipment while performing the experiment.
|#||Does Not Meet(0)||Partially Meets(2)||Meets(3)||Exceeds(4)||Score|
|Title and objectives||No title or objectives included||Includes name of the lab without specifying the goals or the scientific principle being tested||Includes title and specifies the goals and objectives briefly||Includes the title and clearly specifies lab goal and provides sufficient information with the title and clear purposes ,important ideas that led to the design of the experiment||4|
|Hypothesis||Not clear||Somewhat clear statement but no specific details||Clear statement but lacks depth||Clear statement of fact utilizing higher order thinking including if, then etc.||4|
|Data/Graphs||Important data elements missing. No Graph/diagram||Graph/diagram with errors.||Graph diagrams and data elements are presented, but minute errors||Clear and neat graph/diagram, with no errors and units included.||4|
|Analysis and calculations||Not defined, no calculations included||Defined but not clear whether right or wrong, includes at least one data descriptions and calculations||Clearly defined but has not included all data required||Clearly defined whether right or wrong with explanations, detailed data descriptions, correct calculations||4|
Total Score: /16