Text to World Connections
Photo: Maya Angelo, Author
TASK #6: Text to World Connections
1. Print Maya Angelo's poem, I Know Why The Caged Bird
Sings from the downloadable worksheet (resource #1)
found at the bottom of this page.
2. Read Angelo's poem at least twice. Then, in a well thought out,
grammatically correct paragraph, answer the following question.
Label your paragraph "Task 5".
* Which of the two birds are YOU? Explain your answer.
3. Hold onto your work.
TASK #7: Text to World Connections - cont.
1. Print the song lyrics to Taylor Swift's, MEAN from the
downloadable worksheet (resource #2) found at the bottom
of this page.
2. Listen to a recording of the song MEAN while following along
with the lyrics sheet.
3. Watch the Bullying Story Video from ABC News.
4. Now, in two, separate, well thought out, grammatically correct
paragraphs, answer each of the following questions.
Label your paragraphs "A & B" respectively.
A. How is Tyler like the caged bird in Angelo's poem?
B. What role might the other individuals in the video play in Taylor Swift's song?
5. Hold onto your work.