What are the five good groups?
Answer: Grains, Vegetables, Fruit, Dairy, Meats and Beans
How does the food pyramid help us to be more healthy?
Answer: By helping us remember what kinds of foods to eat
How do foods help us be healthy?
Answer: They give us vitamins, energy, protein, and calcium
From which food groups should we eat the most?
Answer: Grains, fruits, vegetables
From which food groups should we eat the least?
Answer: Unhealthy fats and sugars
Sometimes foods and drinks that have a lot of sugar also add vitamins. They might say something like "contains 100% Vitamin C." Does that mean that they are just as healthy for us to have as real fruits and vegetables?
Answer: No, they still have a lot of added sugar which is unhealthy, so it's not the same as eating fruit or vegetables.
- In the food pyramid grains are what color?
- In the food pyramid vegetables are what color?
- In the food pyramid fruits are what color?
- In the food pyramid oils are what color?
- In the food pyramid milk are what color?
- In the food pyramid Meat and Beans are what color?
- Which category does wheat go in?
- Which category does corn go in?
- Which category does apples go in?
- Which category does cheese go in?
- Which category does chicken go in?
- Why is it important to eat a variety of foods from all the food groups?
Be sure to check out the video at the bottom of this page!
Description: How the food group has changed.