Congratulations on reaching the end of your 'The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas' WebQuest!
You should now have a greater understanding of what Scmuel was experiencing as described by John Boyne in his book, 'The Boy in The Striped Pyjamas'. Hopefully, you have also developed an sympathy for those people of the Holocaust and in the process developed your researching skills!
To conclude what you have learnt and how you have grown through doing this quest, find a partner and interview them about what they have learnt. Once you have interviewed them, swap roles....
Write your answers down to the following questions in your journal:
1. What did you find most confronting?
2. How did the WebQuest elaborate and expand on what you learnt from reading the novel?
3. What are your thoughts on racism and prejudice?
4. What do you think causes people to treat others in such horrific ways as was done during the Holocaust? Do you think there are people being treated like this anywhere in the world today?
5. What do you think can be done to stop prejudice attitudes in the world today?
6. What did you find most interesting in all your researching?
7. What can we learn from the mistakes of the past?
*If you have finished interviewing your partner and have written down their responses, you may do one of the following:
- Write a story, song or a poem about an unlikely friendship
- Construct a piece of art - a sculpture, a painting, a drawing, or a comic strip - that represents the effect of friendship and humanity Vs prejudice and discrimination*